Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Blown Eggs for the nest

Last fall we had a storm come through and knock a nest down from the top of our Bradford Pear tree. We snatched it up and brought it in the house to save. What a treasure! It made a great lesson for the kids. How often can you really study a bird's nest up close like that?


So, anyway, with Easter approaching, I had planned to prepare some eggs for dying and decorating.

We poked our holes in them. I tried to use a tooth pick, but that didn't work, so I used the tiny tip of my paring knife. If you know me, you'll be relieved to know my fingers are still all intact. :-)


Then I held it gently and blew the insides out, into a pan. Yep, the kids had
eggs shortly after this craft.

I put two of the undecorated eggs in my bird's nest, for decoration.

The rest will be painted and paper-crafted.

3 comments:

Jerri Dalrymple said...

So...do you "dye" the eggs AFTER you've blown them??? We always just hard boil the eggs. Tell me about "painting" and "papering" the eggs. I'd love to try something new other than the same old dying project that lasts 5 minutes but stains everything (including little fingers) for a week! LOL

Wendy said...

Yours turned out fantastic, girl!!

Kathy said...

Oh, my goodness - I did this with my mother when I was a little girl! Thanks for bringing back a wonderful memory...Kathy